Author's tour of the Altai Mountains with crossings on off-road vehicle, rafting, climbing the mountain peaks and trekking in beautiful places of the most mysterious, mystical and lovely region of Russia.
During the tour, we will drive almost all of the famous Chuisky tract, make a rafting in one of the most beautiful and practically not accessible to most people of the Gorny Altai region, see the famous Blue Lake and the Bolshoi Aktru glacier, climb two peaks - 3544 and 4074 meters, we will also attempt to reach the famous Ukok Plateau, a difficult and rarely visited place.
We go to Altai in the most beautiful time of the year, when nature blooms and the landscapes are as bright, juicy, striking as they are with their magnificence. For landscape photographers, travel bloggers is just a paradise. For lovers of sharp, diverse sensations is a complete set. For lovers of unity with pristine, almost untouched nature is what we need. You are waiting for adventure at the highest level!
A group of only 4 people, in the presence of only 2 free places!
Route day by day
Day 1. Novosibirsk - Gorno-Altaisk
Early in the morning we meet in Novosibirsk (it is recommended that all participants arrive in Novosibirsk the day before, on May 23, or very early in the morning on the 24th). Moving Novosibirsk - Gorno-Altaisk (about 500 kilometers), overnight in a hotel in Gorno-Altaisk.
Days 2 - 3. River Katun Rafting
River Katun rafting. The 2-day rafting route takes place in one of the most beautiful and practically not accessible to most people in the Gorny Altai region.
Day 4. Mountain Center "Altai-Aktru"
Transfer from Gorno-Altaisk to the mountain center "Altai-Aktru". We go all day, enjoying the views and anticipating the upcoming adventures. The Chuysk road, on which most of our journey will pass on this day, is considered one of the most beautiful roads in the world and we will have the opportunity to see this.
The last kilometers to the mountain center, when we are already turning off the road, will bring quite a few thrills, since the road here is a real obstacle course and is only passable on serious off-road vehicles, which, however, will be at our disposal - equipped with a winch, an additional protection crankcase and steering gears and specially adapted for complex off-road expeditions. And the off-road experience of our guide and instructor does not take :)
Day 5. Breathe in the mountains!
Acclimatization. It is necessary to get in touch with the highlands and to enjoy further trekking pleasure, not mountain sickness. On this day, only unhurried walks in the picturesque surroundings of the mountain center.
Day 6. Blue Lake and Big Aktru Glacier
Hiking to the Blue Lake and the Bolshoy Aktru glacier. A track for the whole day, returning to the base in the evening. The first difficulties of the path, the first unforgettable feelings from overcoming yourself and the incredible beauty of nature around!
Day 7. Top Karatash
Climbing to the top of Karatash, height 3534 m. - all day, return to the base in the evening. This is already quite a serious test! Are you ready for this morally? Then go ahead! There will be strength, and a sense of pride in overcoming oneself and nature will be a worthy reward for work, fear, pain and sweat, which, of course, will be, but for this people go to the mountains to overcome themselves and become a little better, stronger and wiser.
Day 8. Rest, enjoy the mountains and nature!
Day of rest, walks in picturesque surroundings. We are recovering after the ascent and gain strength for a new, more complex.
Day 9. Top Aktru-Bash
Climbing with a local mountain guide to the top of Aktru-Bash, category of difficulty 2A-3A, height 4074 m. Participants who are not ready for climbing can refuse it and have a good time while walking along the valley of the river Aktru and other equally picturesque surroundings.
Day 10. Rest day at the basecamp
After climbing, we need the rest! Therefore, we combine the useful with the pleasant - we recover after the difficulties of climbing and soak up the colors and flavors of the surrounding nature! We are engaged in photo and video shooting, here is where to apply your creative skills to create real photos and videos of masterpieces!
Day 11. Ukok Plateau
Transfer from the mountain center "Altai-Aktru" to the famous Ukok Plateau - a unique combination of natural, climatic, geographical features, plateau. It is located in the southeast of the Altai Republic, at an altitude of 2000-2,600 m, surrounded by snowy peaks of the South Chuya Range - in the north and the Southern Altai, Tabyn-Bogdo-Ola and Sailyugem ranges in the south and south-west.
However, there is a possibility that we will not be able to overcome the Warm Key Pass - the only gate to the plateau is because of the abundance of snow, which may not melt yet by the time of our trip, in this case we will go back a bit and stop for the night near Karakulnur Lake.
Day 12. Ukok Plateau and the way back
Before lunch, walk along the plateau Ukok or around Lake Karakulnur, then move back. Overnight in the guest house of the village of Kosh-Agach - the district center of the district of the same name.
Day 13.Reserve day
Reserve day in case of delays in road and on the pass. If delays do not happen, we will spend it on walks in the most beautiful places of Kosh-Agachsky district - there is where to stay and what to see, believe me!
Day 14. Return to Gorno-Altaisk
Technical relocation, however, even it will not be boring - we are driving along the famous Chuisky tract, and it is famous for its breathtaking and very diverse views.
Day 15. Novosibirsk Tour is over
Transfer to Novosibirsk, where we say goodbye and go home.
Your guide Evgeny Androsov:
How much it costs
1.000 Euro per person
What is included in the price
- all transfers by off-road vehicle (UAZ Patriot Expedition) all days of the route,
- rafting (equipment, escort by local guides, road to the place of rafting and back),
- accommodation in the mountain center "Altai-Aktru",
- accommodation in hotels and guest houses in Gorno-Altaisk and the village of Kosh-Agach,
- living in tents on the Ukok plateau and, if necessary, on the road,
- camping meals during trekking and climbing, snacking on the road,
- obtaining passes to the border zone (Ukok Plateau),
- the work of the guide all the days of the route, 24 hours a day,
- group and individual photographs of each participant, taken during the whole trip to professional photo equipment and provided in electronic form.
What is NOT included in the price
- flights to/from Novosibirsk;
- accommodation in hotels in Novosibirsk,
- food in cafes and restaurants on the road and in settlements (Novosibirsk, Gorno-Altaisk, Kosh-Agach),
- services of a local mountain guide when climbing Mount Aktru-Bash (200 Euro for the whole group),
- personal expenses such as drinks, tickets, phone calls, etc;
- travel Insurance;
- consular fees and other expenses for obtaining visas for foreigners,
- excess baggage;
- individual clothing/equipment, backpack, cold-weather clothing, etc (contact us for advice);
- all services not specified in "Included".
What is the difficulty of the trip? Will I be able to withstand these loads? What are the limitations?
The difficulty in this tour is only two summits of 3544 and 4074 meters. Although it will be difficult for untrained participants, however, in the sense of physical exertion, any healthy person would be accessible - there would be a desire. However, participants who do not feel strong or simply do not want to climb high in the mountains can refuse to climb and have a good time while walking around the picturesque surroundings of the Altai-Aktru mountain center, which will be our base for the time of climbing.
Recommendations for clothes and equipment
Since the weather in Altai is full of surprises, we recommend to take seriously the selection of clothes and shoes.
For this tour, you definitely need to have the following hiking clothing and equipment: hiking pants, fleece, trekking boots, climbing cats, a hat, thermal underwear, a warm sleeping bag (overnight stays can be quite cold), a membrane jacket, a light down jacket, gloves, trekking sticks , head flashlight, personal thermos. Due to the possible large amount of rain, it is also necessary to have a rain cover (or other reliable protection against rain in field conditions) and (sure!) A protective cover for the backpack. Backpack for men: 65 - 90 liters, for women: 45 - 65 liters. For day trips, you must have a second, small backpack of 20-30 liters.
To visit the plateau Ukok will receive a pass to the border zone. If you like this tour, please leave a request as soon as possible. In less than a month, it may not be possible to get a permit!
Depending on the weather, flight delays, problems with roads and transport, as well as the well-being of the tour participants, the instructor HAS THE RIGHT to correct the route, excluding from it some points that were planned by the program or replacing them with other, simpler ones! In this case, the initiative of participants to change the program is NOT ALLOWED! If you are not ready to follow the declared program, are not ready to trust the instructor, you had better choose another tour or travel on your own!
How to participate
- If you are interested in this tour, leave a request through the form below or call the indicated phones, I, Evgeni Androsov or my assistants will tell you in detail about the route and answer all your questions.
- To reserve a place, you must pay an advance payment of 30% of the cost of a hike / tour if it is more than 45 days before the start and 50% of the cost if before the start less than 45 days. The prepayment is refundable for 45 days or more before the start of the trekking tour and unfortunately, less than 45 days before the start of the tour / tour, if the refund is related to your refusal to participate (for any reason). If the hike / tour does not take place due to our fault, due to the unformed group or due to force majeure circumstances, the prepayment will be guaranteed to you in any case.
- If you change your mind / lost the opportunity to participate in the campaign, please, inform us about this as soon as possible, because transport and products for the whole trip are purchased, calculated and distributed for each participant of the trip.
Price Euro 1.000 per person
+7 (495) 199-25-12
+7 (909) 941-65-11