A unique, unparalleled tour to hard-to-reach, but extremely interesting regions of the extreme Russian north. The cost is high, but it includes absolutely all expenses - three meals a day, accommodation, helicopter tours and moving on "vahtovka" (closed-body KAMAZ truck for passengers - an analogue of a high-capacity bus) in the vast expanses of Chukotka and on boats along the Kolyma and Anyui rivers, fishing in Chukchi rivers, rafting , living in Chukchi yarangs and participating in their lives, including slaughtering a deer and taking the first test, are emotions that make your knees tremble and an experience that you will not experience anywhere and never in this life! Get ready for real adventures!
The trip includes the following regions:
- Central Yakutia (Yakutsk, Lena Pillars)
- Northern Yakutia (Cherskiy, Kolyma river, Pleistocene reserve)
- Chukotka (Bilibino district)
Arrival in Yakutsk. Hotel accommodation, city tour, local history museum, museum complex “The Kingdom of Permafrost”.
A boat trip along the Lena to Lena Pillars with a stop on the islands, return to Yakutsk (9-00 p.m.).
Flight to Cherskiy (flight 5-10 a.m.), accommodation at a scientific station in rooms, breakfast, rest, walks, a story about Kolyma, mammoths and an experiment to recreate mammoth landscapes, tasting Kolyma fish.
A boat trip to the Pleistocene Park. In the evening, return to the science station.
« Pleistocene Park is a major initiative that includes an attempt to restore the mammoth steppe ecosystem, which was dominant in the Arctic in the late Pleistocene. The initiative requires replacement of the current unproductive northern ecosystems by highly productive pastures which have both a high animal density and a high rate of biocycling. Moreover grazing ecosystems in the Arctic promote climate cooling through series of ecological effects. Experiments with animal reintroductions were begun in 1988. Currently, Pleistocene Park consists of an enclosed area of 20 square kilometers that is home to 8 major herbivore species: reindeer, Yakutian horse, moose, bison, musk ox, yak, Kalmykian cow and sheep ».
Quote from the official website of the park
Transfer to Cherskiy, a two-hour boat trip along the Kolyma and Anyui rivers to the village of Anyuysk - an authentic Russian northern settlement. Transfer to the city of Bilibino on a shift (250 km). Hotel accommodation.
City tour, museum visit. A two-hour helicopter flight over the mountains and an extinct stratovolcano. Despite its proximity to Bilibino (no more than 180 km in a straight line), only a few even from local residents can boast that they have ever been on its slopes - there are no roads, hiking is extremely difficult. Interesting information about the volcano: the main area of ??volcanism on earth is located on the periphery of the Pacific Ocean. The northern part of the ring of fire is made up of volcanic chains of Alaska, Kamchatka, the Aleutian and Kuril Islands. Away from this zone, deep in the continents, volcanoes are very rare. Therefore, the discovery of volcanoes in Chukotka, even for geologists, was a surprise. Scientists believe that Anyui volcano acted only 300-500 years ago. Among the locals, the legend of fire pillars to the very sky, of fire rivers. Due to the remoteness and complexity of the surrounding relief, units had a chance to see all this with their own eyes ...
Upon returning from a helicopter tour, a trip to the Aliskerovskaya hill with a view of the city, mountains and sunset. Overnight at the hotel.
Vahtovka trip in tundra to the camp of the Chukchi reindeer herders, a story about the culture of this north people, overnight in the yaranga. Today, the indigenous peoples of the Russian North and the Arctic are the only people on the planet who live the same way as they did 500 years ago. Civilization has even reached their point, but the mail has not touched their lives. Sometimes they use snowmobiles and mobile phones (to make a call, they have to travel many kilometers to the point where there is a connection), but basically their life is as simple and harsh as many years, even centuries ago. Touching this life, observing it “with immersion”, even participating in it is an invaluable experience and invaluable, incomparable experience.
One day in the life of the tundra Chukchi: communication with the Chukchi, ritual slaughter and butchering of a deer, cooking dishes from various parts of the body of a deer, dinner by the fire and communication with the Chukchi, spending the night in a yaranga.
Return to Bilibino, overnight at the hotel.
Rafting on the Bolshoi Keperveem river, fishing, cooking fish soup from a bonfire, overnight in tents. You will not see such fishing anywhere else, guaranteed!
The second day of rafting. Transfer from the finish point to Bilibino, overnight at the hotel.
Transfer on vahtovka to the mountains. Hiking to the stone pillars of weathering - Kekurs (stack). These are columnar or cone-shaped rocks of natural origin. They were formed as a result of long weathering of the rock and have the most bizarre and unexpected shapes. Kekurs are found in Yakutia and a little in the Murmansk region. But Chukchi Kekurs, perhaps, the most unusual and beautiful.
The road through the mountains and the beautiful pass "Cool". Return to Bilibino, overnight at the hotel.
Transfer to the airport (Keperway village). Departure to the city of Magadan, accommodation at the hotel.
An excursion around the city and to the memorial complex “Mask of Sorrow” by Ernst Neizvestny, to a small but interesting local history museum, to the monument to the mammoth. A trip to the village of Ola (beautiful views of the coast of the Sea of Okhotsk, the landing site of the pioneers), return to Magadan.
Airport transfer. Departure from Magadan to home.
Guide Irina Ryzhova (fluent English, spoken Spanish):
- 4490 euros per person for a group of 6 or more people
- 5450 euros per person for a group of 4-5 people
- 7290 euros per person for a group of 3 people
- 21 900 euros individually (1-2 people)
What is included in the price
- Hotel: Yakutsk (2 days), Magadan (2 days), Bilibino (5 days)
- tour of Yakutsk + visit to the kingdom of permafrost
- excursion to the Lena pillars
- transfer to and from Yakutsk airport
- transfer from Cherskiy airport to the station and back
- accommodation + meals at the research station (2 days)
- boat to the Pleistocene park and back + guided tour
- boat from Chersky to Anyuisk
- transfer from Anyuysk to Bilibino
- helicopter rental
- transfer to Kekur
- rafting equipment rental
- services of instructors and cook on rafting
- tents, campfire equipment
- transfer from Keperveem village
- taxi to the helipad
- transfer to Aliskerovskaya hill
- transfer from the finish point of the rafting to Bilibino
- reindeer herders trip
- transfer to Magadan airport (2)
- Magadan tour
- meals on trips (6 days)
- meals in the cafe (8 breakfasts (3 of which are included in the Magadan hotel), 3 lunches, 7 dinners)
- kebabs, fish
- excursions in museums
- the work of the guide, instructors and drivers,
What is NOT included in the price
- meals in cafes and restaurants not included in the tour program,
- medical insurance,
- clothes and personal equipment of participants,
- souvenirs and other personal expenses of participants,
- other expenses not indicated in the section “included in the price”
What is the difficulty of the trip? Will I be able to withstand these loads? What are the limitations?
This tour is NOT high difficulty! He needs minimal or medium physical and moral training, personal hiking clothes and equipment.
Do you have serious chronic diseases, please contact us, we will discuss your situation and decide together whether you can take part in this tour or not.
Clothing and equipment recommendations
Since the weather in the north is harsh, unpredictable, and even in July it can “bestow” rain, wind, fog and low temperatures every day, for this tour you need to have a set of camping clothes and equipment with you: a membrane jacket (any ski jacket is also suitable), waterproof hiking pants, trekking boots, a set of thermal underwear, as well as a hat, gloves, warm socks, flisk.
In addition, you will definitely need a small backpack of 15 - 30 liters for all radial exits, a water-repellent cover for it, a rain cover, a thermos, a mosquito net, a warm sleeping bag (0 degrees comfort, no less!), A camping rug. A complete list will be provided to you when concluding a tour contract. It is possible to provide you with part of the equipment for use during the tour on a free basis - the capabilities and list of equipment are negotiated and agreed upon in advance. Also, the instructor will definitely advise you that you DO NOT need to take so as not to carry excess weight with you.
How to take part
- If you are interested in this tour, leave a request through the form below or call the indicated numbers, I, Evgeny Androsov or my assistants will tell you in detail about the route and answer all your questions.
- To reserve a place, it is necessary to make a fixed prepayment of 800 Euros if it is more than 45 days before it and 1500 Euros if it is less than 45 days before it starts. Prepayment is refundable 45 or more days before the start of the trip / tour and non-refundable, unfortunately, less than 45 days before the start of the trip / tour if the return is associated with your refusal to participate (for any reason). If the tour does not take place due to our fault, due to an unformed group or due to force majeure circumstances, the advance payment will be guaranteedly returned to you in any case.
- Final payment is due from seven to three business days before the start of the tour.
Enroll in this tour
+7 (495) 199-25-12
+7 (909) 941-65-11